8 Tips On Using a BeautyBlender Correctly
If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re missing out! The BeautyBlender makes your makeup look airbrushed, it applies makeup effortlessly to hard-to-reach places like under the eye and the side of the nose, and you can apply virtually all face makeup with it, including bronzer and blush as well as foundation & concealer. It also helps eliminate the dreaded “foundation line” on the jawline that gives away the look of over-done makeup. Here are our pro tips to help you get started or refine your routine!
- Wet the BeautyBlender to at least twice it’s original size.
- Squeeze the water back out so it’s damp before it touches your makeup product and face!
- You can dot the makeup on your face and blend or apply your makeup right on to the sponge.
- Don’t drag sponge on your face, instead lightly dab the makeup and blend in short bounces. Dragging the sponge will cause you to use too much product and the makeup won’t blend properly.
- You don’t need to clean your BeautyBlender after every use, but try to clean it weekly! The solid cleanser works wonders not only on your BB, but on all other makeup brushes, too!
- Don’t invest in a dupe! The cheaper imitations are not made of the same material, thus resulting in a different application of product.
- Replace your BB every 3 months, even if you wash it weekly!
- The BeautyBlender Pro (the black sponge) is great if you don’t want a BB that will stain, and it claims to give an HD effect to makeup that looks even more airbrushed than the original. I have been trying it out for the past 4 months and personally LOVE how it applies my makeup. While I’m not sure if it’s more HD, I do find myself using less product to get the same result, which is why I will keep re-purchasing the Pro version!
Have any tips or tricks you’ve discovered using your BeautyBlender? Leave them in the comments below!