9 Free Ways to Grow Your Blog!
Whether you’re a full-time blogger or it’s just a hobby that feeds your soul, growing your audience for your blog is something that every blogger thinks about. How do you reach more people who can connect with your content? We have a few key tips that are practical, easy to follow, and will help you take your blog to the next level. Feel free to leave your tips in the comments (and your blog!) to help out other writers!
- Post content consistently. Whether that’s every day or every week (on a specific day), your following grows when the people who already follow you can know when to expect your new content! TV shows do it, magazines do it, so when you take your schedule seriously, so will others!
- Consider length. We are all so bombarded with many sources fighting for our attention, and it’s important to consider that the attention span of the average reader is getting shorter. Brevity is not only great for your audience retention, it’s also easier to create content when you aren’t creating so much of it!
- Run Google searches for keywords. Do market research and consider what people are typing in the search engines before you title and tag a post. Make sure that you’re optimizing your work for search-ability since you are putting so much effort into creating the post in the first place!
- Create timeless content. While it’s great to post about trending topics, sprinkle in articles and posts that are searched year-round. In the long run, they will garner more views & help grow your audience through those views.
- Keep your call-to-action simple. Don’t ask people to follow 7 different social media accounts all at once. They are more likely to “subscribe”, “like”, “sign up”, or “comment” if you focus on one key call-to-action in each post.
- Reply to comments! On my YouTube channel, I make it a point to reply to every comment I get. I’ve found that this really helps me stay connected to people who like my content, and it also is a great way to form ideas for new content, as loyal subscribers like to suggest what to make next. It’s a win-win!
- Be vulnerable. People are attracted to authenticity, so show your readers who you really are! While it can be slightly scary, it’s also very rewarding to have people connect with you on a level that transcends normal day-to-day chat. Opening the door to deeper discussion is always a great way to connect with more people.
- Use smaller photos in photo-heavy posts. Using photos that are too large can slow down the loading time for your page, increasing the chance of reader abandonment. So, keep in mind that making the image a medium size is best when many people are accessing your posts at once.
- Re-do (or delete!) unsuccessful blog artwork & posts. If a post is not successful, feel free to cut it out or re-do the thumbnail or artwork on it. Sometimes re-packaging an article can help it gain traction, and sometimes knowing when to clean house is the best option. Make sure your blog is always buzzing with the content that is fresh and exciting!
What are your best tips you’ve found that work? Leave them below & learn from other readers, too!