EASY Newlywed Dinner Recipe: Roasted Chicken, Potatoes & Asparagus
When I got married, I set out to make healthy, delicious, yet easy meals for us to share. I also made sure to make portions that allowed us to have leftovers for lunch (and possibly dinner again) the next day. This recipe was an instant hit with my husband, and he still requests it all the time! This dish looks fancy, but is incredibly simple to make, and stores well for leftovers.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 pound), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place potatoes and half the butter in a pan; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until potatoes are golden (20 to 25 minutes).
Place chicken on top of potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken begins to brown (about 20 minutes).
Scatter asparagus, lemon, remaining butter, and thyme around chicken. Roast until asparagus is tender and chicken is opaque throughout (5 to 15 minutes). Serve!