10 Things You Can Get Rid Of (Without Even Missing)
Spring cleaning anyone? If you tend to hoard things over the winter and end up with way too much clutter in every drawer, you’re not alone! Here are a few ideas of what to purge first if you’re having a tough time knowing where to start!
- Ladles and serving spoons. Who can use more than one of these at a time anyway?
- Vases. I don’t know about you, but I can’t seem to keep more than 2 types of flowers alive in my house at once, yet I have 10 vases just in case. Why? I donated the rest!
- Pens. Many times, you will find that half of them don’t work anymore or they are too dry. That was the case for 99% of my pens I tried out.
- Makeup. I have way too many samples. Some don’t match my skin tone, some are probably expired, and some I just haven’t liked enough to pull out and use again.
- Books. Once I’ve read a book, I usually don’t read it a second time. Someone else who needs the info my books contain could benefit from me departing from my large collection of text books, dating books (I’m married now), and baby books (I just Google stuff now).
- Notebooks. Do you need all those notebooks in the drawers? I thought I did. Until I threw them away and never missed them again.
- Magazines. These were fun to keep when I was younger, but I’m not sure why I keep them now since I no longer collage my walls with cutouts of Leo. Let’s be honest, that’s what Pinterest is for now.
- Tupperware. I threw out the pieces of tupperware that I had previously been in denial about finding the tops to. I was never going to find the tops, and so out they went!
- Old lotions. I collected quite a few Victoria’s Secret scents over the years, and I don’t have enough skin to use it all. I’m talking 20+ bottles of lotions, sprays, mists, and other sorts. They were probably expired, had lost the integrity of the scents, and goopy.
- Office supplies. I “went paperless” a little after I graduated college, yet my office didn’t reflect it. I kept a ton of paper clips, post-it notes, and other things I didn’t really even use when I wasn’t paperless. It just made me feel more “prepared”.
What are you excited to purge first? Let us know in the comments!