Easy Healthy Winter Chili
My husband is a big fan of chili – and I love how easy it is to chop up, throw in the crockpot, and let it simmer all day! Having leftovers for days doesn’t hurt, either. I found this recipe after trying many others, and I was surprised how easy it was to prepare, there weren’t too many ingredients, and the flavor is just right. I put my own spin on this, of course, to make it a little healthier. I make mine with no added salt, no added sugar, and we use turkey meat instead of the traditional beef, but you can swap out whatever meat you prefer! Also, I like to make this in larger batches, so I triple all the ingredients to ensure we have lots of leftovers!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground venison
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes (like Rotel)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- Shredded cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green onion
- Cook ground meat with onions and peppers in large pan.
- Drain excess grease, put meat into a crockpot or dutch oven.
- Add all remaining ingredients to meat, cover and simmer 1-2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Let us know your favorite way to make this recipe!